The shimmering light of William Smith’s paintings evokes the feeling of time passing. Whether his subject is a contemporary environment or the Glasgow of his childhood, William manages to capture simultaneously a freshness and a nostalgia in his observations.
His cityscapes buzz with a perpetual movement and colour. His brush marks appear both immediate and considered. He has a lightness of touch with subjects that have stood fast for decades.
- Our work here is never over - 2012
- The Language of Situation - 2012
- ... a thousand ships at Touchbase - 2010
- ... a thousand ships at the Newbery Gallery - 2010
- ... a thousand ships - 2010
- A - E
- F - J
- K - O
- P - T
- U - Z
Gallery Opening Times
Tuesday to Saturday
10am to 5pm