Happy Christmas to you all!
This has been a great year, with wonderful exhibitions, film projects, varied and exciting workshops, and 2011 looks even more promising!
We would like to thank you all for your support and generous donations throughout the year: our Christmas Pound Appeal has raised a fantastic £1,071 so far! And if you still wish to donate, it is not too late: the appeal will be on until the end of December.
Our Xmas Show - print print print finishes this Thursday, then Project Ability closes for the holidays and re-opens on the 5th of January. If you are still looking for a last minute Christmas present, come and see our show, all prints are for sale and they make great gifts. We also have plenty of new items in our shop, so you might find just what you were looking for.
Have a great Christmas, and all our wishes for the New Year!
See you in 2011!
Xmas Show - prints prints prints closes this Thursday, so come see it before it's too late! All prints are for sale and they make great Christmas presents.
Project Ability will then close for the holidays, until Wednesday 05 January.
We have added lots of great new items to our shop! Jewellery, plates, cards, tiles, new clocks...
If you are still looking for Christmas presents, come have a look at our shop, all products are handmade and completely original!
If you are not in Glasgow, you can also check our online shop with CultureLabel.
PA Gallery & shop: Trongate 103, Glasgow G1 5HD
Despite the rotten weather a good crowd turned up at Mono last night to the opening of Tommy Mason's solo exhibition and to hear beautiful music by R M Hubbert, Alasdair Roberts and International Airport djs.
We raised a staggering £333.33. We had wonderful raffle prizes (a huge thanks to everyone who gave so generously) and our pop-up shop did a roaring trade in cards, jewellery and collectables.
Thank you Alasdair, thank you R M Hubbert and thank you mono and monorail music.
Images from top: Alasdair Roberts / PA shop/ RM Hubbert
To see more photos of the event, click here.
As you already know, we are having our Xmas fundraiser in Mono on Thursday 9 December, 7pm till late. As well as performances by RM Hubbert, Alasdair Roberts and International Airport djs, a beautiful exhibition of new works by Tommy Mason and a small pop up shop for the night, we will be holding a raffle!
There are plenty of great prizes this year! We would like to send our warmest THANK YOU to all the organisations that donated something towards the raffle, as well as Mono and Monorail for hosting the event.
So, what could you win this year?
- a £30 voucher for the treatment of your choice at Karada Massage
- 2 tickets for the STG show of your choice at Ramshorn Theatre
- three great prizes from Mr Ben Retro Clothing: a £15 voucher, a brooch and a bottle of wine! Mr Ben also gave Project Ability a £20 donation.
- a voucher for 6 delicious cupcakes at Cupcake
- free lunch for 2 (drinks not included) at Trans Europe Cafe
- 2 bottles of wine from Cafe Gandolfi
- 2 rare magazines (The Ride Journal (cycling) issue 4 and It’s Nice That (Art) issue 4) from GmbH
- 3 books from the Fruitmarket Gallery: Air Iomlaid - On Exchange, from a project they did last year with children from Edinburgh and Skye led by artist Julie Brook. Childish Things - From their current show, and second collaboration with Glasgow University's David Hopkins. Preserves - Christine Borland.
- One of the framed pieces by Tommy Mason exhibited in Mono.
With prizes like these, the snow doesn't stand a chance! See you all in Mono on Thursday, from 7pm!
Tonight's Monday Night Social has been cancelled due to the bad weather (06/12/10). It will be replaced on Monday 20 December.
We apologise for any inconveniences.
Janette Stewart, who ran the New York Marathon back in November, donated all the money she raised to Project Ability last week end, and it's over £1,000 !!
We are all very, very grateful and would like to send a warm THANK YOU to Janette! You can see her on the photo above, just passing the 'Finish' line (white Project Ability T-shirt).
If you wish to fundraise for Project Ability, just get in touch with us and we will do what we can to help. You can also donate towards our Christmas Pound Appeal: just click here for more information.
- Opening of Catherine Rankine’s Solo Showcase
- Screening of Project Ability films at GMAC on Saturday 25th May
- Open Gallery - George Stevenson Solo Showcase
- Friends and Family Fun Weekends: Glass-painting
- Sculpting with Jason
- Film & Animation
- Recruitment & Volunteering
- Trongate 103
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- November, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- April, 2012
- March, 2012
- February, 2012
- January, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- July, 2011
- June, 2011
- May, 2011
- April, 2011
- March, 2011
- February, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- March, 2010
- February, 2010
- January, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- October, 2009
- September, 2009