Project Ability is looking for a Freelance Arts Administrator to manage an outstanding programme of visual art activities and exhibition for children and young people with disabilities. The programme takes place in Project Ability’s studio in Trongate 103 in the centre of Glasgow and various off-site locations.
This is a freelance contract to cover a period of maternity leave. The fee is £7,200, 80 days over a period of 12 months.
Send completed application and your C.V to the Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org or Project Ability, Trongate 103, Glasgow, G1 5HD
Closing date: 15th May. Interviews 23rd May.
Key duties and responsibility
- To work closely with the Artistic Director, staff team and artist tutors to plan and deliver a programme of workshops, exhibitions and events to support children and young people with disabilities to engage with contemporary visual art.
- To sustain existing and develop new partnerships with other key agencies – schools, community organisations and special interest groups to develop, coordinate and deliver an ambitious and high quality visual arts workshop and learning programme.
- To work with young people with disabilities to develop a programme of activities which support their creative learning and ambition.
- To supervise art tutors responsible for project delivery.
- To liaise with key stakeholders and funders.
- To effectively evaluate the programme against planned outcomes and to produce written reports as required.
Experience, knowledge and understanding
- Excellent track record of arts project administration.
- Ability to demonstrate a minimum of three years relevant work experience.
- Educated to degree or higher qualification in an arts related subject.
- Understanding the needs of children and young people.
- Understanding the special conditions required to give children and young people with additional support needs inclusive access to visual art.
- Experience of project monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience of report writing.
- Well organised with the ability to plan and deliver activities on time and within budget.
- Confident and articulate.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
Documents to download