Ruth's work has a very graphic quality, and features a series of drawn characters including stylised penguins (which you may have seen on last year’s Christmas cards) and other animals. ‘Aspen’, a recurring character in Ruth's practice and the main protagonist in her books'Say What You Mean' and 'It might Look Simple to You', was her first stained glass piece, using the copper foil technique and glass paint for the finer features. Like the rest of her artwork, this piece has a very meticulous and precise finish.
Ruth’s books are on sale in our shop, in Trongate 103.
- Our work here is never over - 2012
- Film Noir at Trongate 103 - 2012
- ... a thousand ships at Touchbase - 2010
- ... a thousand ships at the Newbery Gallery - 2010
- ... a thousand ships - 2010
- A - E
- F - J
- K - O
- P - T
- U - Z
Gallery Opening Times
Tuesday to Saturday
10am to 5pm